When we discover that we have extra pounds, we start looking for ways to get rid of them. A variety of diets, fitness, morning jogs are used. But perhaps to begin with it is worth thinking about the reasons for the appearance of excess weight. In this article, we will explain in detail what a suitable weight loss diet is.
Can you lose weight if you eat right?
Proper nutrition plays an important role in metabolism. We need to find out which foods have a positive effect on our body, how to make a rational menu and how healthy eating and weight loss are related!
Proper nutrition to lose weight at home is the foundation of the basics. Even with more intense physical activity, without proper nutrition, you will not be able to lose weight and gain muscle mass effectively.
Many may argue that everything depends on the type of metabolism of each person. Someone can burn excessively even a kilo of nails (joke), and someone, even a roll, will soon come back to haunt you. We are quick to note that the body's capabilities are not limitless, it will eventually run out of patience. And then you will be disturbed not only by being overweight, but also by problems with the gastric tract, pressure, heart, joints. This was noticed by the people a long time ago and summed up with the proverb that "a glutton digs his own grave with his teeth".
Skeptics may argue that it is difficult to maintain a healthy diet to lose weight today, because there are few natural products. Be patient, analyze your menu, throw out unhealthy foods, especially those that are called "fast carbohydrates".
- sweet pies;
- chocolates; carbonated drinks;
- Bakery products with wheat flour;
- starchy foods;
- mayonnaise, ketchup and other sauces.
To lose weight at home with proper nutrition, you need to not only edit your menu, but also count the amount of calories you eat, remembering that you need to eat less than you spend. Healthy eating should consist ofa balanced amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. To get results and lose weight, you will always have to follow a balanced diet. After all, probably, many have noticed that after any of the diets, the pounds lost come back quickly if you continue to eat as you did before losing weight.
It is difficult to do this in a day or even a week. So, gradually abandon the listed products: eat potatoes every other day, eat a loaf of bread or cake no more than twice a week, follow the rule you need to get up a bit hungry from the table.
Principles of good nutrition
Weight loss is influenced not only by a balanced diet, but also by the way the person is psychologically attuned, by the high quality products he uses, adheres to the diet and the food culture. Here we highlight the basic principles of a proper diet to lose weight, noting that you will smoothly adjust your body's work in the right way.
Remembering what will help you get rid of fat folds!
- Balanced menu.
The body needs 25 grams of fat and 35 grams of protein per day. Carbohydrates should make up half of the diet and cannot be cookies. Everyone can have a balanced diet at home. Create a menu for the week so you can plan ahead for the groceries you need. So, you can follow all the principles described without problems.
- Sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables.
Note that there should be more vegetables, so you need to replenish your body with fiber and vitamins. And of fruits, give preference to pineapple and citrus fruits, as they contain less sucrose.
- Establish a drinking regime.
As our body is 80% water, the lack of fluids has a negative effect not only on the metabolic processes, but also causes skin aging, wrinkles, problems with the digestion process. Of course, we are talking about ordinary water. The daily intake is 10 glasses, that is, almost two liters. Green tea, dried fruit compotes and natural juices help you lose weight.
- Correct product combination.
It is not necessary to switch to separate power. Just try to combine the products wisely. For example, sour vegetables cannot be eaten with meat and potatoes with bread. This approach removes calcium from the bones and promotes the formation of kidney stones. A balanced diet is the key to success!
- Discard semi-finished products.
They contain many preservatives, which are certainly carcinogens that destroy our health.
- Don't eat after 6pm.
If you work long hours, don't eat after seven. Chew your food well, without being distracted by calls, watching TV or reading newspapers.
- Minimize alcohol consumption, especially beer and liquors.
- Reduce the list of fried foods in your menu.
Replace with steamed or stewed. It is desirable for vegetables to be processed for a short period of time during cooking and to retain their useful substances.
- Replace the large plate with a small one to visually deceive the body.
In addition, we recommend introducing the concept of fractional nutrition into your life, that is, eat in small portions every 2-3 hours.
- Visit supermarkets on a full stomach to avoid buying too many sweets or excess food.
- Get up from the table a little hungry.
The feeling of satiety will appear in 10 minutes, but overeating will do the body a disservice.
- Organize fasting days at least once a week.
- Don't forget about physical activity (fitness, dance, yoga, swimming, running).
- Fractional nutrition for weight loss.The ideal is to eat 6 to 8 times a day and still consume as many calories as before. Those ones. Divide your lunch into 2 portions and eat it 2 hours apart. This will be the perfect time for your body.
How much food can you eat per day?
The experts' opinions are unanimous: in order not to put on weight it is necessary to eat five times a day. Correlate the portion size with the palm of your hand - there should be food on the plate that can only fit on two palms. The third part of the dish is a piece of meat or fish. Fill two thirds with vegetables. The bread cannot be eaten more than 35 grams. Chocolate, honey or dried fruits cannot exceed 25 grams.
The menu for proper nutrition looks like this:
- For breakfast, cook the porridge in water, the best option is oats or buckwheat. It is undesirable to add too much salt or sugar, you can replace them with fresh fruit.
- For your second breakfast (snack), eat fermented dairy products, fruits and vegetables. To prevent the menu from appearing monotonous, alternate the fruits on alternate days.
- For lunch, you must prepare one of the dishes: the first or the second. Eat soup today and fish with vegetable salad tomorrow. Lean meat is replaced by seafood and fish.
- Only vegetables and kefir or low-fat yogurt are allowed in afternoon tea. The body at this point begins to slowly prepare for rest, so you shouldn't be carrying it.
- For dinner, prepare a light salad of fresh vegetables (except peas) and a slice of cooked fish (up to 150 g), in extreme cases, you can eat 100 grams of white chicken meat.
- Remember to drink enough water throughout the day.
It seems that following a menu like this will make you hungry. But this is not the case. In fact, a balanced diet will provide the body with all the nutrients it needs. Nutritionists advise eating something that is not on the menu every week to please yourself a little.
To prepare a delicious dish, use different seasonings of natural origin instead of salt.
Recommended foods for a healthy diet
Unsurprisingly, among the list of useful products, you will find those you like. If you find those that you absolutely don't like or tolerate, don't add them to the diet. After all, an important role for an adequate diet is played by the aesthetic perception of the dish. The benefits of the foods eaten will be as long as the body perceives them naturally.
Therefore, "slow" carbohydrates that saturate the body, but do not affect the appearance of excess weight:
- cereals (buckwheat, unpolished rice, oats, millet);
- whole wheat dough;
- unleavened bread (rye, bran);
- baked potatoes.
These foods are eaten for breakfast to avoid hunger and snacks all day. Don't think that giving up your morning meal will help you lose weight faster. In fact, you need to replenish your strength all day. And a hearty dinner will take you back to your starting point. Therefore, a breakfast with fiber, carbohydrates and proteins will help you stay in shape. The ideal option is not to escape, but an hour after waking up. A hearty breakfast is one of the most important rules of healthy eating.
Even high school students know that protein is involved in building all the muscles in the body. Therefore, it cannot be excluded from the diet. It is suitable for snacks because it saturates the body with amino acids, whose presence helps it to function normally. Protein is found in foods like this:
- seafood and fish;
- lean meats (meat, chicken, turkey, rabbit);
- egg white;
- low-fat cheese (up to 30%);
- low-fat dairy products.
They are used for lunch menus, combined with fiber-rich vegetables. With great mental or physical effort, the protein must be present on the menu at least twice a day. For example, daily consumption of fish and seafood helps to restore nerve cells and serves as a preventive measure against heart disease.
Most ignorant people think that fats are harmful. This is because the words "fats" and "obesity" have the same roots. American nutritionists conducted research and found that when fat was responsible for almost half of the calories consumed, the number of overweight people was small - about 14%. But after the whole world learned about the dangers of fats and began to remove them from their diet, the percentage of obesity rose dramatically to the level of 35. It was found that women who eat fats with proper nutrition normalize their weight to the same level. way those beauties who gave up fat by 90%.
Fatty acids act as a building material for cells and are necessary for the full functioning of all organs. Therefore, the list includes:
- olive oil; corn oil; sunflower oil
- dark chocolate.
The daily dose of fat ranges from two tablespoons of vegetable oil to 25 grams of nuts (optional).
Don't forget that fresh vegetables are much healthier than canned ones. In addition, the choice is wide - from radishes to asparagus grains. It is not recommended to eat canned corn and peas, as they contain "fast" carbohydrates.
Fruits cannot be considered light foods, as they contain a large amount of fructose. Make the menu so that they are digested no later than the hours of the day.
The sweets will have to be abandoned. If it is difficult, replace them with honey, dried apricots, raisins. Note that green tea with ginger speeds up metabolic processes and promotes weight loss.
We refuse harmful products!
The principles and menus of proper nutrition for weight loss imply some restrictions on the products. This list is not very long. It mainly contains the products that advertising is strongly imposing on us. But no matter how sweet the compliments are, they shouldn't put you on the hook. In general, our grandmothers could easily live without them. It is true that they were lucky that the products of the last century were not advertised in such an intrusive way and did not even hear about preservatives marked with E.
Crossing foods that interfere with weight loss from the healthy diet menu:
- salted nuts and chips;
- packaged instant food (mashed potatoes, pasta, cereals, soups);
- all products containing monosodium glutamate (sausages, sausages, smoked meats);
- carbonated sweet fruit soft drinks;
- bakery and dairy products with a long shelf life;
- fish and fried pies;
- cakes, pastries, muffins, sweets;
- fast food;
- alcoholic beverages;
- unnatural spices.
They have no nutrients. But they can cause a lot of damage to the liver, kidneys, stomach. In addition to the fact that they cannot be consumed with adequate food, they are undesirable for any of us. An exception for nutritionists is a glass of dry red wine (once a day) to speed up the absorption of carbohydrates.
How to reduce appetite and lose weight?
Increased appetite indicates that a person has impaired carbohydrate metabolism, which is the reason for being overweight. This is facilitated by stress, overwork, lack of physical activity and poor nutrition. To reduce hunger, consider the recommendations:
- Nutritionists recommend drinking 200 milliliters of water a quarter of an hour before meals. It can be acidified with lemon juice.
- Avoid spices and salt or use them as little as possible.
- Satisfy your appetite with low-fat fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
- Do not drink more than one cup of coffee a day.
- Chew your food at least ten times.
- Eat low-calorie vegetable soups.
- Green tea should be the main drink after water.
- Sprouted wheat not only helps to get rid of unnecessary toxins, it also prevents the body from aging.
- Do not eat in front of a computer or TV, because the brain cannot control the feeling of satiety.
- Practice aromatherapy to reduce hunger.
- Kill your appetite with exercise, walking outdoors, doing what you love.
- Eat small meals 5-6 times a day.
- Don't take unnecessary vitamins and nutritional supplements, the right diet to lose weight contains everything you need.
- Place the portions on small plates, preferably blue. Scientists have proved that blue dishes suppress hunger and red ones light up.
- Drink herbal tea or a glass of milk in slow sips before bed to help calm your appetite at night.
- Traditional medicine suggests reducing the feeling of hunger with the decoction of flax. It can be consumed for twelve consecutive days.
- Grapefruit is considered to be the leader among fruits that help to forget your appetite for a while.
Evaluations suggest that using proper nutrition in practice helps to lose weight. We hope that a sensible approach to your health and a balanced diet will help to realize your dream of a slim figure!